Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Two To Go (a.k.a. "Funny ha-ha or funny we're about to die?")

Four or five years later, I'm finally seeing very near the end of the New Jedi Order. To be more precise, two books near.

Right now I'm in the middle of one of the (as finn5fel boasts about) best books in the whole saga: The Final Prophecy, by that great writer known by the name of Greg Keyes (or J. Gregory Keyes, suit you). What I've read until this very moment confirms all finn5fel has said to me about it. Not that I didn't trust Keyes' writing skills, of course. On the contrary, I'm now a devoted fan of his work. BTW, I must say, If you haven't still read his Age of Unreason tetralogy, I really don't know what you're waiting for. Don't dare miss it!

I approach the end of the longest Star Wars Expanded Universe saga with certainty, and, rather oddly, with sadness. I mean, it's like that famous song by The Doors says: "This is the end, my only friend, the end". I don't know what I'm going to do with my reading time once I've finished with it. Well, yeah, I do know. I'm starting reading the DiscWorld books (thanks for the useful document, finn5fel). Another very long saga my old friend's being recommending me for ages. It goes the same every time: he reads a book, tells me about it, and I, a couple of years later, finally read it. The story of our lives.

4 comments:

Mario Alba said...

Great book, and an even greater writer. Greg Keyes is DA MAN! And TFP is definitely one of the best books of the NJO. I certainly like it better than the last one, so, for me, it was kind of anticlimatic. But I´ll confess I haven´t really enjoyed any of James Luceno's SW:NJO books, so maybe it's me.

And it bears repeating: READ THE AGE OF UNREASON!

DiscWorld is cool. As a matter of fact, I just finished reading "Thud!", the newest book in the series, and even though is a bit more serious than the previous installments, I still laughed a whole lot.

And Halagan, go with the Watch books or the Witches books (see documents). They're SO much fun!

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I'll do it. But I've got The Color of Magic, and also the second book, the title of which, I can't seem to remember. I feel morally compelled to start reading those two on the first place.

One last thing: somebody read The Age of Unreason!!!

Mario Alba said...

The second one is The Light Fantastic. And maybe you should start with those two, because then it´ll get better, hehehe.

THE AGE OF UNREASON ROX MY SOX!

Mario Alba said...

In fact, those books (AOU) are SO GOOD that I´ll just buy them for whoever wants to read them. Hey! FREE BOOKS!