Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

History of the World, Part I

Since I've been writing long posts in Spanish lately, I've decided to go back to short ones in English, at least for today. And since I've been writing about comic books and videogames, I've decided to write about... videogames. Yeah, very original, I know.
I was reading the wonderful World of Monkey Island website when I came across a piece of news that directed me to an article called A Brief History of LucasArts. It's in English, but I definitely recommend you read it. It basically says what we all know and feel: how LucasArts once was the best videogame company out there, making the greatest games and graphic adventures; and how it has become a Star Wars- centered company, releasing games that... well, aren't as good as they used to be. Some of them are good, granted; but I still remember the time when I'd get excited by reading about their next graphic adventure project. (Check this list with all their adventure games, and notice when the last one was released.) Now it's more like "Oh, so another SW game, huh?" Anyway, read it and, of course, enjoy!

PS: If you're interested in the new Sam & Max game, check their new home, Telltale Games. At least somebody's willing to use great characters to create great games.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Que gran verdad, esos comentarios sobre la evolución de LucasArts. Recuerdo cuando el mundo de os juegos para consola era una competición entre LucasFilms y Sierra. Yo siempre fui más de LucasFilms, aunque disfruté alguno de los juegos de la otra compañía.
Como con las consolas. Siempre fui de Nintendo, pero anda que no me lo pasaba bien también jugando con la Master System de mi primo.

Mario Alba said...

Sí. Yo también era de LuscaFilm, y me pasé Maniac Mansion, Loom, MI, e Indiana Jones y la Última Cruzada. Los juegos de Sierra no funcionaban en mi prehistórico 286, pero eso no me impidió disfrutar del Larry o King´s Quest V en casa de otros amiguetes. Ah, qué tiempos aquellos. Y luego llegó la francesa Delphine con su Future Wars y Operation Stealth (ambos pasaditos). Ah, qué tiempos aquellos...

Anonymous said...

Jejeje, LuscaFilm, esa gran empresa. De Delphine ni me acuerdo, la verdad.
El Alzheimer ataca...

Mario Alba said...

Tampoco es que fuera tan ultrapopular...