Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Is There Life on Mars?

The CW executives don't seem to think so. Veronica Mars has been, from its very first episode, a bumpy ride. The critics love it. Joss Whedon loves it. Stephen King loves it. Kevin Smith loves it. But the audience is just not there.
When The WB and UPN merged, Veronica Mars was one of the few shows the new CW picked up to continue its run. In fact, it was paired with juggernaut Gilmore Girls, to help VM's audience go up. And it's not happening. I just read on Entertainment Weekly that the network has only ordered 13 episodes -that is, half a season-, and it will only order more if the show stops underperforming. Is this the end of yet another cool show?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really really hope that it won't happen. Up until now, I'm liking VM's third season the most of the three. But I really don't know the reason, because it's actually very similar to the first two ones. I suppose I'm kinda weird. :|

Mario Alba said...

Well: enjoy it while it lasts :P