Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Say it Louder!

It's been a while since I've talked about books here, so I thought I'd go back to one of my favorite subjects. On Sunday, I started the last book in my To-Read shelf, His Majesty's Dragon, which I bought a while ago -but hey, I haven't been reading too much lately, what with drawing, inking, and watching Lost. And so far, the book's awesome.
I had been waiting to start that last book to go order some more. So, on Saturday, I went ahead, spent some money at Amazon, and got four books and a comic book. The books I will soon call mine are, in no particular order: Lisey's Story, by Stephen King; World War Z, by Max Brooks; Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke; and The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger. The comic book (a TPB, actually), is the first New X-Men: Academy X paperback. I'll let you know how this turns out.
What had kept me busy until I started HMD was Whispers, an old book by Dean Koontz a co-worker gave me last week. I read it in like four days, because it was really suspenseful and relentlessly paced. A truly enjoyable experience I recommend everyone. The only problem was that it was obvious that the explanation for what was going on could only be one of two things, and it wasn't all that hard to figure it out. Still, even if you kind of sensed what was coming, the reasons why that was so were pretty surprising. All in all, a very satisfying read.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you read Whispers "in like four days, because it was really suspenseful and relentlessly paced". Thank God, because if it had been a much boring book, you'd have taken at least six days to devour it.
Really, you scare me, finn5fel.
;P

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. No, really. It's been taking me longer to finish books lately because I haven't been reading too much since school started again. But the one I'm reading right now, His Majesty's Service is PHENOMENAL!

Anonymous said...

Una simple pregunta, que me parece que no te he hecho nunca: ¿cuántos libros llevas leídos desde Enero, Mr. este-año-voy-a-leer-menos-y-no-llego-a-los-60-ni-de-coña?

;P

Mario Alba said...

His Majesty's Dragon, del que me quedan 40 páginas que terminaré hoy, es el número 49 de este año. A eso hay que añadir 28 novelas gráficas. Sinceramente, no creo que llegue a los sesenta ni de coña :)