Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, January 01, 2010

The Worst Movies

I thought it would be fun to make a Top Ten with the most horrible movies I've seen this year, but since I don't think I saw ten execrable films in theaters, I will split the list in two: the five worst movies I saw in theaters, and the five worst I got to watch on DVD and were therefore not released in 2009 necessarily. Folks, these movies were just awful:

2009 Movies

1. The Informant!
Hands down the vilest thing I had the dubious pleasure to experience in 2009, The Informant! Has, simply put, no redeeming qualities. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

2. Transformers 2
The only reason this movie is number two and not number one is because of a couple of hotties who, even though they can't save this cinematic excretion, were at least easy on the eye.

3. Terminator Salvation
Like I said a few months ago, Christian Bale's rant techno remix was far superior to this garbage.

4. The Box
While I wouldn't say this movie was horrendous and I did like most of it, the more I think about it the less I remember liking it. Next to the previous three films, it's still a masterpiece, though.

5. Public Enemies
This wasn't a bad movie per se, but it left me completely indifferent. Plus, I couldn't think of a fifth movie I really hated, so there you go.

Older Movies on DVD

1. The Hills Have Eyes
Utterly pointless, irrelevant, unnecessary, gratuitous… Read my original review for more details.

2. Teeth
A movie that took itself too seriously when it should have been a campy comedy. Read my original review for more details.

3. Babylon AD
Why does Vin Diesel keep doing this crap? Read my original review for more details.

4. Children of Men
Yawn. Wake me up when there's a fun movie playing. Read my original review for more details.

5. The Fountain
Talk about taking yourself too seriously. Read my original review for more details.

So what about your horror stories? Did you watch any movies so foul you wish you could have back those hours of your life? Share them with us!

4 comments:

alberto said...

Me temo que tengo que discrepar contigo en cuanto a Children of Men. El mérito de la peli es ofrecerte un panorama odioso pero que no puedes dejar de contemplar. A mí me pareció estupenda...

Por cierto, Lori me dio el sí para San Diego. El problema es que ya no hay pases para 4 días... En fin, otro año será.

Mario Alba said...

Ya sé que Children of Men le gustó a todo el mundo menos a mí. Será que soy raro...

Con respecto a San Diego, a la próxima, pues :)

Anonymous said...

No llegué a ver ninguna de las películas que comentas en el cine, entre otras cosas porque siempre espero a tus críticas antes de ir a ver algo. Pocas veces me has fallado. Aunque debo reconocer que me entró curiosidad por Transformers 2, tras ver cómo la habías puesto de mal. Así que me puse a verla. A los veinte minutos la quité. No es que sea mala, es que redefine el término.

En cuanto a las películas en DVD, tampoco he visto ninguna, pero sí que tenía entendido que la de Cuarón es un buen film. Tendré que verla para salir de dudas.

Mario Alba said...

Deja que te lo ponga en perspectiva, Hal: si sólo viste los primeros 20 minutos de Transformers 2, viste lo mejor de la película. Imagínate el resto.