Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Old Guy & Confession

Here you have my rendition of Coulter Dixon, one of the main characters in Fablehaven. Other than his head being neck-breakingly big, I think this is what this character is supposed to look like, from the invisibility glove (not working in the picture) to the missing pinky. I really like how it turned out, and I hope you like it.

As for the second part of the title, I have a confession to make. I drew this picture in a style that's somewhat similar to the style I used in my Alice series. The confession is that I wanted to draw Worlds Collide in this style, but in the end I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off and I therefore took the easy way out and drew it in my more "standard comic book style". I still wonder how it would have turned out had I been brave enough to do it this way, though, so maybe the next sequential story I am foolish enough to draw will be in this style. Is this something you guys would like to see, or should I stick to what's tried and true?

No comments: