Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm Not Dead yet

My Monty Python education continued after watching Life of Brian. Shortly after enjoying that film, I was exposed to the famous Spanish Inquisition episode from their Flying Circus show, and I found it really funny. A couple of days after that, I was asked back to my friends' house to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail, apparently one of their most popular movies. I don't know if that's their best effort, but I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than Life of Brian. Most everything in this movie was funny, from the Black Knight to the French soldiers, but the vicious feral rabbit was hands down my favorite. And I can't forget the Holy hand grenade, a weapon of mass destruction that I actually knew from all the hundreds of hours I've spent playing Worms 2. After this Monty Python Week, I am definitely willing to watch more of their movies!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Veo que te estas poniendo al dia con los clásicos del humor, son muy divertidas estas pelis y precursoras del humor absurdo.

Anonymous said...

Otra gran película de la que, por desgracia, recuerdo más bien poco. Demasiado hace que la vi.

Grandes, como dices, el Caballero Negro, el conejo, y, cómo no, los Caballeros que hacen Ni. Y siempre que sale esta película a colación me acuerdo de la escena del puente de la muerte y las tres preguntas:

-"¿Cuál es tu color favorito?"
-"El verde... ¡No, el rojo!"

Mario Alba said...

Lo del color favorito es hilarante, sin duda. Gran película!

alberto said...

Pues sí, veo que te estás poniendo al día. Mi frase favorita de toda la peli:

"...to blow thine enemies into tiny bits,... in thy mercy"

seguida muy de cerca de las trobas de Sir Robin:

"He was not in the least bit scared to be mushed into a pulp/And to have his eyes gouged out/And his elbows broken..."

Me temo que si decides ver The Meaning of Life te decepcionará un pelín, aunque tiene puntos excelentes...

Anonymous said...

Estoy de acuerdo con Alberto en que TMOL te va a saber a poco, Fel. Es bastante más irregular, en plan episodios sueltos. Grandes momentos no le faltan, though. Como el corto del principio.

Ya nos dirás si la ves o qué.

Mario Alba said...

Os mantendré informados. Y las trobas de Sir Robin son desternillantes!