Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Unoriginal

The Uninvited wasn't original or compelling, but I found it somewhat enjoyable. Or maybe it was because I kept laughing at the movie and making fun of the characters and their actions and decisions that I had a better time than I would have otherwise had. Had I seen it in theaters, where I wouldn't have been able to be so vocal, I would have probably been bored. Watching it at home with somebody else who felt the same way I did improved the whole experience exponentially. But, in all fairness, I must say the ending caught me completely by surprise. I had definitely not anticipated that curve ball the writers threw me, and this redeemed the movie a little bit. However, I will certainly not recommend this movie to anyone, unless they're huge fans of Elizabeth Banks. (And still, I don't know that I would.) Plus, who was the Uninvited from the title? I'm still trying to figure that one out!

No comments: