Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, September 11, 2006

Speed Racer

Right now I'm at Quality Tires, the car shop where I do all my, well, car shopping. Or maybe I should say car repairing.
Last weekend, I went to Athens, GA, to visit some friends. On the way there, my engine started overheating, so I had to stop and find somebody to fix it. Fortunately, I did, but as soon as that problem was taken care of, my battery started acting up. Or so I thought.
When I came back from Athens last night, it was too late to do anything about it, so today, after school, and scared at how much worse the cranking up had gotten (poor Stackie was actually wheezing), I took it to the mechanic. And here I am. They said it was the battery, so they replaced it. But it was not the battery, so they put the old one back in, and now they're trying to figure out what's wrong with the car. The bad news is that I have to leave it here. The good news is that they'll give me a ride home.
Maybe it's time I start thinking about getting a new car. Maybe one of those Nissan 350Z (it comes in purple!). Or maybe the Mazda RX8. Or, even cheaper, the Mitsubishi Eclipse. And here I was, thinking I didn't know anything about cars. Ha!

10 comments:

huitzilin said...

What kind of wheezy cranking? Would the engine "turn over" before cranking, or would it stay stuck in the crank stage? Could it be your alternator? (Did it have any effect if you had other things turned on, like the radio, fan, headlights, etc.?)

Admit it -- it's just an excuse to think about getting one of those snazzy sports cars.

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. I admit nothing!

I just picked it up from the shop. It turns out it was the starter, so I had it replaced.

But the truth is that I'd love to have one of those cars. I also want to check out the Ford Cougar, or maybe a cheaper Saturn. But I might be getting one soon. Anybody interested in buying my Honda?

Anonymous said...

Mario tio quema tu coche, no creo que nadie en el mundo necesite un monton de chatarra con ruedas, dale un justo final a un coche que sirvio con honor.
Nacho

Mario Alba said...

Hahahahahaha. Ya veremos...

Anonymous said...

Había escrito un largo comentario acerca de mi propio coche, un Polo GT (sí, sí, ya lo sé, soy gay, ja ja), y resulta que al ir a mandarlo al blog no me ha dejado. Y lo he perdido, en definitiva. Vaya asco. Hoy me había pasado ya otra vez, eso de no poder entrar en la soleada Jhanna. ¿Alguien dijo boicot?

Mario Alba said...

Tal vez nuestros incendiarios comentarios han hecho mella en algún colectivo hackeriense (o hackeriano) perteneciente a nuestra vastísima y variada audiencia, y han montado un ciberataque a gran escala y en toda regla. O a lo mejor es que los ordenadores hacen lo que les da la gana. Que también.

Anonymous said...

La informática, la burrocracia y la mayonesa en las hamburguesas, los grandes demonios de nuestro tiempo...

Mario Alba said...

Podría añadir la religión, pero no sé si se clasifica como "de nuestro tiempo", ya que el cáncer nos viene de lejos. Y, además, no quiero ser polémico :)

Anonymous said...

Acabo de tener una idea. Ya sé sobre qué escribir en mi próximo post. Voy a ponerme filosófico, para que os vayais preparando mentalmente. MWAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Mario Alba said...

I am officially scared.