Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's Falling Down! It's Falling DOWN!

I just finished reading Crossover, the fifth trade paperback compiling Ultimate Fantastic Four issues 21-26. I didn't own any FF comic books before I got this one, and the reason why I got it was the artist: the incredible Greg Land.
Land became famous with the defunct Crossgen's Sojourn (a great series that Nacho insists on calling Red Sonja), and he started to draw covers for many titles shortly after that. Then, he drew Phoenix: Endsong for Marvel, a cool story with fantastic artwork. And after that, he worked on Ultimate Fantastic Four until recently.
The story in UFF is cool, and it mixes the Marvel Zombies universe with the Ultimate universe, introducing Ultimate Namor in the process. I enjoyed the story, but the pictures are out of this world, and so is the color by Justin Ponsor. An overall great bok you could do worse than picking up and reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't read Sojourn. Hmm... I gotta do something about that.

Mario Alba said...

I've only read the first four TPBs, which I guess amounts to roughly 27 issues or so. The series was cancelled after ish 34 or something like that, so I never finished it. Also, I don't really own any of the issues, but I'd like to do something about that.

But seriously: read it. You won't regret it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, I'll do it. Once I've finished with the ODA, your first incoming comic issue, and probably the NJO. I will die of old age not having finished it.

Anonymous said...

Bueno como no he tenido tiempo de tradacir mucho lo que decis ya que sois crueles y despiadados e insitis en escribir en ingles solo dire que el dibujante de "red sonja" es muy bueno me gustaria ver ese comic, por cierto salio la continuacion de red sonja por que mario es cruel y despiadado y me regalo la miniserie y me la dejo a mitad...pero como dicen la venganza es un plato q se sirve frio y la mia llegara pronto jajajajajaj (eso era una risa siniestra)
Nacho

Mario Alba said...

¿Qué tomos te regalé de Sojourn, Nacho? ¿Los dos primeros, o los 3 primeros?