Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, September 15, 2006

GMeP: MI2:LCR - Connections



Here we go, two in a row.
When I said "On Screen", I hope I wasn't misinterpreted. In fact, I hope I was, what the heck. The thing is that I wasn't thinking only about movie scenes. Oh no. A screen is a screen, whether is connected to a DVD player, as to a PC, to a videoconsole or to a movie theater projector.
Probably one of the best videogames ever, this, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, is one of those old point-and-click adventure games that LucasFilm Games developed in the early 90's. For many of us that was really a golden era.
Of course, if you've been reading the blog, you'll be familiar with the Monkey Island saga by now, specially with our last 'Pirate Week' and all. Well, this is one of the best moments in it. I mean, don't say you don't love that song, with the skeletons dancing and all. Surrealism has been always my favourite kind of humour.

4 comments:

Mario Alba said...

Estupendo vídeo.

Otro de la serie que me encanta es la intro del tercer juego, Curse of Monkey Island: es divertidísima. Y el diálogo, en la misma intro, entre Elaine y LeChuck es fantástico. LeChuck está tratando de ligarse a la buena de Elaine, y ésta le suelta algo así como "I need to wash my hair tonight. And besides, you're too good a dead zombie pirate for me, LeChuck". Estupendo.

Mario Alba said...

Y hablando de que los acrónimos se estaban saliendo de madre, vas tú y pones GMOS: MI2: LCR. ¡Parece una fórmula matemática!

Anonymous said...

Jeje, tienes razón. Es que el título entero hubiera sido muy largo. Imagínate, "Great Moments On Screen: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Connections". Parece sacado directamente de la enjó!

Mario Alba said...

La Enjó. Ja.