Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, February 11, 2007

New Links

If you bother to look on the right of this page, you'll see the new links I added recently. I'm not going to give you a detailed explanation of them (you have the links there if you're curious), but I thought I'd spotlight a few, just to pique your curiosity.
Aly Fell's site showcases the artwork of the aforementioned artist. And let me make very clear that this is a guy. I'm telling you because, well, the name is misleading, and it took me a long while to realize he was a guy.
Dean Yeagle's site is probably the best one. This man is a master penciller (see the picture accompanying this post), and his cute pin-ups are so expressive, funny, and full of energy and live that you can't help but smile. And did I mentioned he worked for Playboy?
If you visit The Seraph Inn, you'll find Inverloch, the online fantasy comic book written, drawn, and colored by Sarah Ellerton. Inverloch, which is now being published on paperback by Seven Seas, is a cute manga-looking fantasy that, while being nothing outstanding, is very entertaining to read and quite enjoyable. I'm buying the hardcopies, but hey: here you can read it for free, which is how the whole thing started. It makes me wonder…
And finally, Ron Gilbert's blog is, well, the blog of the legendary creator of the equally legendary Monkey Island series. If you read it, you will find, among many other things, that Mr. Gilbert has created his own World of Warcraft Monkey Island group. The only requisite to join it? To be an undying fan of the saga, and to name your WoW character with Monkey Island flavor. If it was me, I'd call my character Most Communicative of Fingers. Priceless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw the new links a couple of days ago. And of course, first thing I did, I went checking Ron Gilbert's blog. He's still a pretty funny guy, as it seems.

And the WoW thingy... well, it sure would be fun, but I'm not into that kind of videogames. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't have the time. Or even, for all that matters, the 20 euros or so that you got to pay monthly.

Mario Alba said...

Neither am I. I like videogames, but I'd rather spend my time (and cash) doing something else. Writing my own worlds, for instance, so somebody (maybe Ron Gilbert) can develop an adventure game based on it. Wouldn't that be cool?

Nash said...

Unos dibujos muy cañeros muy expresiva la chica, me recuerdo al libro de bocetos de Danger Girl en el que Campbell hizo una pagina entera de caras de Aby; me encantan los bocetos y las pruebas y los como se hizo.

Mario Alba said...

Ah, cuando Campbell dibujaba... Pues si te gustan esos dibujos, no te pierdas la página del autor. Sigue el link y disfruta :)

Anonymous said...

Molan sus dibujos, sí. Lástima que no haya más de una decena en su página web. Al menos en lo que a pin-ups se refiere.

Mario Alba said...

Cierto. Yo estuve biscando por Internet, y encontré una página que ahora mismo no recuerdo con muchísimos más. Mola, mola.