Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The First Glimpse of the Summer

This year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Special is out! To help us get through the harsh winter, our good pals at SI release yet another incredible-looking magazine packed with beautiful women wearing skimpy swimsuits. Some of the swimsuits are actually quite interesting, like the one made out of guitar picks -I mean, how cool is that?-, and this year they even have a 3D section (3D glasses included) that's quite well done. Also, and just like last year, they have a body paint section, with the clothes painted on the models' bodies. But, of course, the main -hell, the only- attraction are the gorgeous models. Among my favorites this year, we have Tori Praver, Bar Refaeli, and Brooklyn Decker (see the other rookies here). You can follow those links for tons of pictures, and before Nash can say the pictures have been doctored with Photoshop and so on and so forth, you can see those girls on these videos (Tori, Bar, and Brooklyn), where no tinkering has been done. Also, the Swimsuit Special is a great photo-reference source, and I know that kind of sounds like "Yeah, I buy Playboy for the articles", but it's true. I mean, when I want naked girls, I buy Playboy (which I also use for photo-reference). When I want girls in swimsuits I can use for drawing purposes, I get the SISS. Either way, the reader (i.e. me) is happy, and the penciller (i.e. me) gets useful stuff. And, of course, the pages are packed with gorgeous blondes, a fact Nash would surely appreciate.

9 comments:

Nash said...

Ya he decidido que quiero ser de mayor, pintador de mujeres, una profesión creativa y muy gratificante a la vista de los resultados.

Mario Alba said...

Sin duda, una buena elección. Y más "interesante" que pintar miniaturas, eso seguro. Al menos, la superficie es más grande ;)

Mario Alba said...

Lo que me extraña, Nacho, es que no hayas criticado mis elecciones, hahaha. Supongo que, o no las has visto, o me has dejado por imposible. Pero lo de la pintura corporal siempre me ha parecido interesante, y no sólo por las razones obvias. La habilidad de crear la ilusión de ropa tridimensional donde no hay nada me resulta fascinante. Ojalá pudiera hacer lo mismo. Lástima que no tenga "lienzo" sobre el que practicar; pero si sabéis de alguna voluntaria, hacédmelo saber. Todo sea por el arte!

Nash said...

Si son mas grandes las superficies curvilieneas que pintar y estan geniales los efectos opticos, y como comprenderas es cierto ya te he dado por perdido, tienes mal gusto para las mujeres y no creo que puedas cambiar, pero bueno mejor mas tias buenas pa mi....

alberto said...

Pues macho, no es por nada pero el gusto de finn me parece muy aceptable. La tal Bar Rafeli (o como se llame) es de lo más espectacular que he visto en moito tempo...

alberto said...

Y resulta que la niña es israelí. Lo que son las cosas, yo que me imaginaba a las israelitas como la madre de Brian...

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. Totalmente de acuerdo con Alberto en los tres puntos: mi gusto es excelente, Bar Refaeli está tremendísima, y de ahora en adelante miraré a las israelíes con otros ojos (bueno, los mismos, pero más libidinosos).

Anonymous said...

Jejeje, la madre de Brian... eso sí que era un bellezón. "¿Mirra? ¿y eso qué es, un bicho?"

Nash said...

Como he dicho simpre la gente racista es lo mas tonto del universo, tias buenas hay de todas las razas, colores y religiones asi que viva el mundo.