Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Done Again

After yesterday's seven-hour ink-a-thon (I'm so glad I don't have a girlfriend to prevent me from getting work done), I only had one page left to finish inking the fourth and last part of my graphic novel. So today I woke up, sat down, and finished it. It's done: the whole thing is inked. Go me! But since I don't have a girlfriend to go celebrate with, I decided to stay home and watch a bad movie (the lucky film was Tamara, with smoking-hot Jenna Dewan).
My sister is halfway through the third issue, and even though at some point I thought maybe I could start coloring the fourth ish, it's just not going to happen. I'm sick of those pages, and I don't even like them all that much anymore. On the one hand, it's nice, cause that means I'm always growing as a penciller; but on the other hand, it's frustrating. I still like some panels and pages, though.

The good news is that now I get to finish my other project, the ODA, the story from which the comic book spun-off. I only have two chapters left, and I'm making the official announcement that chapter 8 will be ready by the end of the month. I'm excited!

7 comments:

alberto said...

Congrats on the inking-thingy! Just a matter of time to read the rest of the series. Looking forward to it, as a matter of fact.

On another note, the actress of the film you saw to "celebrate":
1. is, indeed, smoking hot.
2. (and that's the spooky bit) resembles a lot (and I mean a fucking lot) to a student of mine a few semesters ago. She was a bitch (the student, that is) so don't get any ideas.

Could you fill me in about the actual scene in the film from which the second "memorable quote" is extracted? I'm curious about the amount of "caspa" that a quote like that can provide....

Anonymous said...

Hey Mario, congrats on your tenacity! Man, the time you catch one of those loose girls of Chattaahouchidududawhatthefuck... she´s gonna appreciate the value of persistence in a different context.

Good job, Mario. I envy that strength of yours to keep working every day on your project. You can only succeed. Hope those idiots called "editors" get to the point sooner rather than later.

By the way, you remember we talked about Will Eisner in Athens...ok, there is another film about a comic on its way: "The Spirit", the acclaimed hero of Eisner. I´m looking forward to it!

See ya!

Anonymous said...

Okay, let's make this post the place of celebration and praise for Mario's perseverance and will. And I'm not joking, fel, you deserve it. ;)

Oh, and I too envy you. And the fortunate guy that Ms. Dewan will call her boyfriend, BTW.

Switching to pig mode, Alberto wrote: "[she] resembles a lot (and I mean a fucking lot) to a student of mine a few semesters ago. She was a bitch (the student, that is) so don't get any ideas." Aha... yeah... then, what's the problem again?

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. Lessee...

1. Yup: she's hot. And hey, if that student of yours looked like her... Damn!
The scene of the second @memorable quote" goes something like this. She gets to her teacher's house (she has a crush on him), and she's wearing this ultra-short skirt and the push-up bra is doing its gloious job, so her boobs don't look exactly unappealing. He's sitting on the couch, and she wlks toward him. You can see it on his face (such subtle acting!) that the guy thinks the girl is hot, and she goes like "You know you wanna do me," or something along those lines. He says no, of course not, I'm married and I love my wife (yadda, yadda), and then she says the it's all wet part. He looks like "WTF?", and she points at the table on top of which his glass rests. Then she gets closer and kisses him (and I mean tongue lock and everything). He kinda breaks contact and says "Get outta here, I love my wife, you skank-ho". And she replies "Yeah, I can see how much," points at his crotch, and leaves. Art of quite a high nature.
And truth is, she's FAR hotter than his wife.

2. Thanks for the nice words, everyone. As soon as my sis's done with the third part, you'll get to see it. After all, the three of you are 3 out of 6 recipients of the printed copies. (You might have noticed that "primera edición limitada de seis ejemplares" below the logo on the credits page.

3. And not only are they making The Spirit movie, but they're also publishing a new comic book series with him as the main character. Of course, Eisner doesn't draw it.

Anonymous said...

¿Memorable quotes? I think I got lost somewhere...

Mario Alba said...

IMDb.com: the "memorable quotes" section on each movie :)

Anonymous said...

Huh, I see... hehehe.