Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, July 02, 2010

Old Unpopular G1 Bots

As you might already know, I love Transformers, but I find them extremely hard to draw. I tackled a couple of my favorite characters last year, and a whole year had to go by before I attempted it again. This time, I drew Jazz, an Autobot I wanted to have in that picture from last year, but who sadly ended up not being featured for reasons of time, space, and energy. As a way to celebrate the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron, I decided to rectify this glaring omission, and you can see the result accompanying these lines.
As an amusing side note, today I discovered that I apparently like the "old, unpopular G1 Transformers nobody likes," such as Wheeljack, Prowl, Blaster, and the aforementioned Jazz. I mean, really? People don't like Grimlock and Jetfire? I am a big fan of the G1 Transformers, because Transformers #1 (the Marvel series) was the first comic book I ever bought back when I was little. I'll be the first one to admit the artwork wasn't all that great, but the new Dreamwave and IDW renditions of those characters are unbelievable, and I find them infinitely more appealing than the Michal Bay movie versions or the more recent cartoons, which is precisely why I think War for Cybertron looks so amazing.

Anyway, long story short (too late for that, I know), I hope you enjoy my depiction of Jazz. It took me abou three hours from start to finish, but it was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Nash said...

Te ha quedado genial mola ver la evolucion de tus dibujos, no paras de mejorar.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste. La verdad es que estoy bastante contento con como ha quedado :)

Carlos said...

Me ha gustado mucho el dibujo, muy trabajado. Mis transformer preferidos los Dinobots ya que Nacho tenía unos y se lo robaba para jugar con ellos, cosa que no le hacía mucha gracia. XD

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste. Los dinobots molaban. Estaria bien hacer un dibujo del grupo...