Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sexually Active

I know it's crazy, but I had never seen Juno until last week. My girlfriend was in the mood for something funny, and she suggested we watched it, to which I readily agreed. Since you've probably seen it, I won't bother with a summary of the story, so I'll go ahead and say I really enjoyed it. The acting was great, and the movie was packed with actors I like, such as Jason Bateman and the inimitable J.K. Simmons, in a role that was sweeter than usual for him. The dialogue was crisp and witty and natural, much more so than the too-hip-to-be-real lines in Jennifer's Body, Diablo Cody's second script. The music, on the other hand, I didn't care for at all. It fit the movie, sure, but it was horrible. I'm sure they could have found some other songs that would have also worked without making me want to tear my ears off. But that's a minor thing, and since the movie was so enjoyable, I'm willing to be lenient. Not that there is anything else that doesn't work, really, so if you still haven't seen Juno, make sure you check it out!

6 comments:

Carlos said...

La vi hace unos días en inglés por segunda vez. Los diálogos son muy buenos y me encanta el papel de la chica "Juno". Cada personaje tiene su rareza no hay ninguno que sea normal.... Me encanta la escena de Juno llamando a la clínica con el teléfono con forma de hamburguesa...

Mario Alba said...

El teléfono-hamburguesa es impagable. De hecho, recuerdo que, cuando era pequeño, quería un teléfono así, y había uno en el escaparate de una tienda de electrodomésticos que deseaba más que nada en el mundo. Desafortunadamente, nunca lo conseguí...

Nash said...

Pues no la he visto asi que me pondre a "adquirila" ya que la poneis bastante bien.
A mi me gustaban los telefonos frutas no se me olvidara el anucion de unos ancianitos y el pobre hombre nunca acertaba con la fruta-telefono y siempre intentaba hablar por la fruta real.

Mario Alba said...

Por alguna razón, Nash, pensaba que sí habías visto esta peli.

Con respecto al anuncio que mencionas, no tengo ni idea de cuál es. ¿Es viejo?

Nash said...

Tiene entre 15 y 20 años y lo veia en la tele por satelite que pirateaban mis primos al vecino.

Mario Alba said...

Ni idea, chico.