Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, July 23, 2010

Shocking

My girlfriend and I watched Brüno a few days ago, and "shocking" is probably the best word to describe Sacha Baron Cohen's outrageous movie. While I didn't like Brüno nearly as much as Borat, it was still entertaining and hilarious, and, above all, shocking. I think I spent most of the time with my mouth open in disbelief, amazed at Baron Cohen's audacity. The things he does, the comments he makes, and the people and collectives he targets --this man must have balls of brass, seriously. My girlfriend mentioned he was arrested several times throughout the making of the film, and I totally believe that. I like to push people's buttons, but I'd never dare pull the stunts he does for fear of retribution and physical harm. Yet Baron Cohen is fearless, and for that, if nothing else, Brüno is worth watching. But when you squirm on your couch, don't say I didn't warn you.

4 comments:

Nash said...

Esto no tiene ninguna buena pinta.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Has visto Borat?

Carlos said...

Las dos pelis más malas que he visto en mi vida, lo siento pero esta no la puede terminar de ver por lo repúgnate que me parecía.. Borat la segunda película que vi de esta actor, por cierto malísima, la termine de ver porque vi Ali "G" y me pareció graciosa. Repito para mí las dos pelis más malas que he visto en mi vida....Nacho como se cuales son tus gustos no creo que pases ni de los 5 minutos de las dos pelis.. A lo mejor les hace gracia a los americanos verse su sociedad criticada por este personaje pero es que tiene la gracia en el culo, con perdón. Este humorista es un engendro del mal gusto personificado...

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Ya veo que no te hicieron ninguna gracia las pelis, Carlos. La verdad es que en Bruno reina el mal gusto; eso es innegable.