Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, July 30, 2010

The X Marks the Spot

Here you have another old movie I remember wanting to see when it first came out but never getting around to seeing. For some reason, I had gotten it in my mind that Dragonfly was similar to The Butterfly Effect, but after having seen it, I couldn't have been more wrong. Dragonfly has nothing to do with time traveling, but it shares a certain spooky quality with the aforementioned movie. Dragonfly was a melancholy, spooky film that, while not being much of a thriller or unfold at a breakneck speed (quite the opposite, actually), it managed to keep me interested from beginning to surprising end. All in all, and while I wouldn't say the movie was great, it was definitely entertaining, and I am happy I watched it.

4 comments:

Nash said...

Es de las pocas pelis que no he terminado nunca de ver, me parece un poco pesadita.

Mario Alba said...

Confieso que al final estaba empezando a dormirme, pero logré terminarla, hahaha.

huitzilin said...

Is Dragonfly the one where his wife is dead or has died or something like that? I saw it, didn't mind it, but apparently immediately forgot it. Not terrible. Not memorable.

Mario Alba said...

Yes, that's the one, and I agree: not terrible, not memorable.