Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Loud

The one thing that I remember after going to see The A-Team is how loud it was. Well, that, and how good it wasn't. I didn't have high expectations, knowing that having grown up with the original show meant I would be disappointed by the movie no matter what they did. And yet, what they did could have been so much better.

The first twenty minutes or so were downright horrible. We witness how (most of) the members of the A-Team met, but said introduction is marred by coincidence and lack of explanation. Immediately after this, we fast-forward to the mission they undertake and that, as fans of the show will already know, will result in Hannibal and his boys being framed and incarcerated. This little adventure was also near incomprehensible and incredibly boring, and I kept hoping things would get better after they broke out of prison to clear their names.

Things did get better after that, which was a relief, seeing as I was contemplating walking out of the theater, but the movie wasn't great. Actually, it wasn't even good --it was entertaining, and barely so. As I said, it was so loud that a lot of the dialogue and (I hope) funny one liners simply got lost in the explosions, shootings, crashes, revving up of engines, screaming, etc.

At least, the acting was okay, and the characterization was good, but as a fan of the show, I missed the original cast, even though I understand it would be impossible to have them portray these beloved characters once again. However, a couple of them do show up after the credits, so if you go see the movie, stay until the end. My advice to you, though, is that you save your money and go see something else. Really.

2 comments:

Nash said...

Como me imagine la peli no vale una mierda aunque mi amiga Biel este en el reparto, asi que esperare a estrenos e-mule.

Mario Alba said...

Pues eso: que no te pierdes nada.