Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, July 16, 2010

Copycat

I was checking out movies at Walmart the other day, and this hot new release on DVD caught my eye. "Well," I said to myself, "I didn't know Taken was a new release anymore." Then I did a double take and realized the DVD I was looking at was not the awesome flick starring Liam Neeson, but a cheap knockoff starring… Steven Seagal. I mean, look at those covers and tell me Taken was not the inspiration for The Keeper. But it gets better. Here you have the synopsis:

"Roland Sallinger is an LA cop who after nearly being killed by his greedy partner, and eventually being forced to retire for medical reasons, flees to San Antonio, Texas, after being asked to work as a bodyguard for the daughter of a wealthy businessman. The businessman had been a colleague of Sallinger years before, when they were both cops. When mobsters kidnap the businessman's daughter, he hunts them down to rescue her and protect her."

Doesn't it sound like Taken? Are you laughing or crying now? I'm not sure what to do myself...

2 comments:

Nash said...

Suena a tipica pelicula del sabado por la tarde, lo de las portadas esta claro que tienen un cierto parecido pero bueno es imposible hacer muchas casas diferentes en tan poco sitio y con tanta peli.

Mario Alba said...

Supongo... ;)