Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Talk About Eclectic!

I decided it was time to get some new tunes while I wait for Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace to be delivered to my mailbox, and the songs I bought reflect what a strange, eclectic taste I have when it comes to --pretty much everything. Here you have the nine musical masterpieces that I can now call mine:

Hey Julie, by Fountains of Wayne.
More Than a Feeling, by Boston.
Hit Me With Your Best Shot, by Pat Benatar.
Jessie's Girl, by Rick Springfield.
Good Lovin', by The Rascals.
Tell Me When, by The Human League.
The Little Things, by Danny Elfman
The Way I Are, by Timbaland
Your Love, by Culture Beat

More reviews and interesting posts tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty embarrassed now. I don't even know more than a couple of those songs. :(

Mario Alba said...

Nah, don't worry about it. There're some oldies from the 80's and some more recent fare. I don't know about Spain, but Timbaland is wildly popular here, and pretty much inescapable, whether it's him as a singer or a producer. And Your Love and The Little Things just came out, so it's not as if they're classics or anything ;)

Anonymous said...

Pues yo del Timbaland en la vida había oido hablar. Pero reconozco que hace siglos que no escucho una emisora que no sea Rock and Gol. Y no son conocidos precisamente por poner lo último de lo último.

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. Yo la radio no la escucho nunca, pero a través de mis niñas y de Entertainment Weekly me entero de cómo está el panorama musical. Timbaland lleva ya muuuucho tiempo siendo el productor de moda que crea éxito tras otro, y con el que todo el mundo quiere trabajar.

Anonymous said...

Pues no, ni idea tenía de quien era el tal Timbaloquesea. Lo que no quiere decir que aquó en España no esté pegando fuerte o algo. La verdad es que, como ya dije, últimamente lo más moderno que he escuchado yo se remonta a mediados de los noventa.

Mario Alba said...

Ah, los noventa... Música de calidad... Y NO estoy siendo sarcástico.