Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Whimsy Duchess

If you like great artwork, make sure you check out The Duchess of Whimsy, a children's book written by Randall de Sève and illustrated by her husband, Peter de Sève. I bought the book exclusively for his illustrations, and I was not disappointed at all. I wish the book had been longer, because de Sève is a master illustrator. As a matter of fact, as soon as I finished the book I ordered A Sketchy Past, which is a much bigger book collecting his work. I haven't gotten it yet, but I am sure it's going to be all sorts of awesome. I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiene una pinta fantástica. Y mira que a mí los libros de ilustraciones ni me van ni me vienen.

Mario Alba said...

Pues podrás verlo en persona en unos pocos meses :)

Anonymous said...

Jejeje. Tómote la palabra, Fel. Y no es la única cosa con ilustraciones que pretendo ver en persona, te lo aseguro. Jejejeje.

Mario Alba said...

Mi biblioteca entera a tu disposición :)

Nash said...

A mi me encantan los libros de ilustraciones, pero son carisimos. Los de bocetos tambien. Bueno ya le echaremos un vistazo al libro.

Mario Alba said...

Es verdad que suelen ser caros, pero si aciertas con el libro, valen pero mucho la pena.