Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Creepy Puppets

Of course I was going to think Dead Silence was creepy. It's about ventriloquist puppets that kill people! (Sort of.) I remember when I saw the preview for the first time, and I thought it looked super creepy because, like lots of other people, I have this thing about ventriloquist puppets and how diabolical they look. But I was brave, and I watched the DVD, which was entertaining and spooky. As my girlfriend noted, it was interesting to see how little the movie relied on special effects, yet it still managed to be eerie and unsettling. Other than that, there really wasn't much else to it, except for a surprisingly low number of casualties, and a nice surprise at the end. Therefore, while Dead Silence is no masterpiece, I enjoyed it and found it entertaining. Plus, it didn't give me nightmares, which is always good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunque de un modo un tanto precario, ya tengo internet en Salamanca también. Prometo ser más asiduo a la soleada Jhanna desde ya.

Mario Alba said...

Bieeeeeeeen! Vuelve a casa por... hmmm... febrero.

Mario Alba said...

Y espero que por "precario" no quieras decir "ilegal" ;)

Anonymous said...

Bueeeno, no le he adivinado la contraseña al vecino. Ejem. Yo no.

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. Claro que no. Pero bueno: lo que importa es que nos visites con regularidad :)