Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Comeuppance

I don't know why, but there is something incredibly satisfying about baddies getting their comeuppance, and perhaps that's why I enjoyed Edge of Darkness so much. Well, that, and that I usually like revenge stories, which is exactly what this is. EOD is Mel Gibson pissed, Mel Gibson going after the people who killed his daughter, Mel Gibson with nothing to lose and a whole world of hurt to unleash on those responsible for this horrifying crime. Therefore, the movie was a lot of fun.

Actually, there wasn't as much action as I thought there would be, and Gibson's Massachusetts accent felt a little forced and phony, but those were minor things that didn't prevent me from having a blast at The Rave. Also, the hour and forty-eight minutes EOD clocks in at felt longer than that, yet I was never bored, restless, or dissatisfied with the story. All this means EOD is far from perfect, but I had a great time watching it and I enjoyed it for what it was: a grim story of death and revenge and what happens to those who think themselves above the law. Well, those people will have to guess again.

4 comments:

Nash said...

Menudo atracon de pelis te has dado. Aunque suena interesante no creo que sea para ver en cine.

Mario Alba said...

Y las que me quedan por poner, y las que voy a ver esta semana, como The Lightning Thief y The Wolfman.

Nash said...

Tengo ganas de que cuentes como esta la del ladorn de rayos, parece curiosa.

Mario Alba said...

Hoy voy a verla, así que pondré la crítica la semana que viene. Con que sea la mitad de buena que el libro, será estupenda :)