Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, April 06, 2009

Spy vs. Spy

I guess I wasn't sure what to expect, but Duplicity turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. With a script that relies on dialogue and the chemistry between the two main characters (Julia Roberts and Clive Owen), the story moves forward as several flashbacks scattered throughout the movie help you understand what's going on and how to interpret (or reinterpret) what you just saw or are about to see. I thought the script by Tony Gilroy was clever, and makes what would otherwise be an okay story a really fun experience.

Regarding the actors, both Roberts and Owen do an excellent job, and it is obvious they like each other and enjoy working together. I've never been a fan of the actress, but she was great in Duplicity. And I really liked Clive Owen's clothes in the movie, especially that gray suit.

So, if you like witty repartee and friendly banter, I suggest you give Duplicity a chance. I think you'll enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aún no la he visto, pese a que me apunté con ganas tu recomendación. A ver si tengo algún día suelto antes de que la quiten de las salas.

Mario Alba said...

Eso, eso: ve a verla y dime si estoy overreacting o qué :)