Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Neverwas

A friend rented Neverwas and told me I just had to watch it, so I did just that. I didn't know anything about the movie, and I mean nothing at all. I didn't know what actors starred in the film (Aaron Eckhart, Brittany Murphy, Ian McKellen, William Hurt, Nick Nolte, and Jessica Lange, as it happens), I didn't know who the director was (Joshua Michael Stern), and I didn't know when the movie had come out (2005). Needless to say, I didn't know what it was about. And what it was about was the tenuous line between reality and fantasy, between fiction and delusion, between believing and being skeptical.

Neverwas was a dreamy movie, a quality emphasized by the score by Philip Glass and the photography by Michael Grady, and it was extremely well cast. As for the story itself, it was absorbing and very interesting, and even though the tale unfolds at a very slow pace, it was never boring and I never felt it dragged on at all. So, if you've got nothing else to do, check out this movie and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me sorprende no haber oido hablar de ella hasta ahora, con ese reparto que tiene. Habrá que echarle un ojo.

Apuesto a que antes de verla ya estabas haciendo juegos de palabras con su título ante un potencial fiasco. :P

Nash said...

Pues yo tampoco la conocia, sera una de esas peliculas que pasan sin pena ni gloria por los cines y que resultan que son buenas.

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. La verdad es que no sabía qué esperarme, pero mi amigo Eddy estaba emocionado con la peli, así que decidí dejar a un lado mi escepticismo a ver qué pasaba. Ya me diréis qué os parece si la veis.

Anonymous said...

Hecho. De todos modos, así a priori ya aviso que la foto de este post me provoca un sentimiento del tipo "Harvey Dent conoce a Gandalf". Espero que la historia me enganche lo suficiente como para olvidarme de ello.

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. "Harvey Dent conoce a Gandalf"... Priceless. Ya me dirás qué te parece...