Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, October 10, 2008

Clásico tetradáctilo

Who would have thought I would end up drawing Leonardo's Mona Lisa? Well, one of my Cartooning Club girls asked me to draw it on the board, and since I had no photoreference at all, I did a terrible job. She said she could do it better, and challenged me to try again at home, and she would do the same. A week later, we both brought our masterpieces to school to see who the winner was. I know I shouldn't be this competitive, but I was very excited about the challenge, even if it meant besting a tiny sixth grader. "Why would I want to crush her spirit?", I kept asking myself, assuming my rendition of the mysterious lady would be the winner of our silly competition. Actually, I wasn't wondering about anything at all, since I was just listening to music and having a blast while raping Leonardo's most famous painting. Anyway, this took me an hour, and you can judge the results by yourselves. Enjoy!

6 comments:

alberto said...

Don't you think it would be only fair that you had posted the girl's rendition so that we can compare your abilities?

I like it. That missing finger reminds me of the hands of the TMNT. Trust me, it is a compliment.

Mario Alba said...

An excellent point, Alberto. I wish I had her picture, but I don't. Therefore, you'll have to trust me when I say mine was far superior, hahaha.

But this is not the end of the story. Come back on Sunday for a follow up to the story!

And I'll take your compliment ;)

Anonymous said...

¿Pero es que ni reproduciendo un clásico le puedes poner cinco dedos por mano a alguien?

A ver si te estás encasillando, Fel...

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Es verdad. Y, a partir de ahora, todos mis personajes serán amarillos!

Anonymous said...

Bueno, aunque fuera a ese precio no me importaría ver más color en tus dibujos, Fel. Que últimamente nos tienes demasiado acostumbrados al B/N.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. No te preocupes que dentro de poco verás más colores. Porque el gris es un color, ¿no?