Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, August 02, 2007

StarCraft II

I still can't get over how cool StarCraft II looks. Granted, I suck at the game (the first one), but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying it. As a matter of fact, I like the SC universe so much I've even read a couple of StarCraft novels, since I'm much better at reading than at strategy. Neither one (Liberty's Crusade and Queen of Blades) was very good, but they were entertaining, so I didn't think I had wasted my money. However, I'm not in a rush to buy any more books. For a videogame-based sci-fi action series, I think the Perfect Dark books by Greg Rucka are vastly superior, but it's StarCraft we're talking about today, not Joanna Dark's adventures.
This long-awaited sequel to the ultra-popular game looks beyond awesome. Check out the official site and swing by the movie section for a bunch of videos. The best one by far is the game's intro, with all those details and the really cool music. It was definitely about time!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never played StarCraft, and I'm not very fond of strategy games (even though I've played some of them one time or another). The problem for me is they're games you need to spend a lot of time playing with to really achieve some degree of deftness.

Anyway, the trailer's cooool... :)

Mario Alba said...

I agree. I guess I'm more of a casual gamer, because I don't like very complex games, or having to remember how to use twenty-five different keys and commands. I like games you can play for a while and then, after spending a few weeks without playing, be able to play again and remember instantly what to do and how to play. StarCraft is one of those games you really need to spend a long time going over the controls and commands before you can play again. Maybe that's why I never really got too far into the game.

Worms 2 forever!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember very well those battles, those sheeps, those seeker rockets, those floods... Ahh... Now those were the times...

Mario Alba said...

Holy Hand Grenade! Banana Bombs! Awesome game ;)

Anonymous said...

I still remember, when you used to be nine years ooold... No, that's a song.
What I still remember were those fights between Dae & Co. and the Scooby Gang. Great old times indeed.
We need to repeat that.

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. We sure do. Ah, the Scooby Gang being blasted away by Dae & Co. Good times, good times.

Anonymous said...

Being blasted away? That's not true!. It was so only the 200 first times or so. After that... Well, the thing's that it was only the first time I played. Not my fault... :(

Mario Alba said...

Hehehehe. I must confess both my sis and I are good players :)

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I clearly remember Dae & Co. biting the dust a couple of times under the Scoobies power. Way to go, me! :P

Mario Alba said...

Funny I don't remember that at all...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... As a matter of fact, I remember very well a seeker rocket going down into the water, almost off the screen, and then coming back for a dramatical hit against the last survivor of the Dae troupe, who had the higher ground. And the shot was made by my last survivor, one moment away of being flooded. Epic.

Mario Alba said...

It seems to ring a very distant bell... ;)