Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Squids Are Back in Town

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last year you'll know that Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End opens on May 25th. That's in two weeks, my friends; and I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited. I know there's a bunch of naysayers claiming the second movie sucked, but we didn't like them anyway, right?
At any rate, ever since Dead Man's Chest opened last year I had been wanting to draw a picture of Davey Jones, that ultra-cool looking villain; and now, ten months later, I've finally gotten around to doing it. The picture is based on a photograph, and it took me a bit over an hour and fifteen minutes to draw it. And to keep me -even more- entertained, I was listening to SModcast #8 while playing with the pencils. So there you go. I hope you like it!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Esta realmente genial este dibujo, mola un monton, te lo has currado. Ahora toca a John Sparrow

Mario Alba said...

John Sparrow: el gemelo malvado de Jack Sparrow... Coñas aparte, gracias por tu positiva crítica. Así da gusto dibujar!

Nash said...

ya decia yo que lo de john no me sonaba del todo...pero bueno como todavia no he visto la segunda parte y la primera peli no es tan buena.

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. Estupendísimas películas ambas...

Anonymous said...

IM-PRE-SIO-NAN-TE

Poco más se puede decir. :D

Mario Alba said...

Hehe [blushes]. Gracias :)