Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, May 18, 2007

Death Match

This is a picture of what Spiderman 4 should be, according to a friend of mine. Since Mary Jane and Peter seem to keep arguing all the time, Spiderman 4 should be a death match: Spidey versus MJ, see who walks away. I'm not sure this would be the best plot for a hypothetical future installment of the webhead's adventures, but it makes for a cool picture.
The whole thing took me a bit over two hours, from sketches to the finished piece. Check this link if you want to see the Spidey sketches, and go here if you want to see the sketch of Mary Jane throwing stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't scan the picture before I inked it, so you can't see the pencils. And regarding the inking process, I used my quill for the lines and a couple of brushes for the washes. For the text, I just used a Prisma marker. And that's really it. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam... go home, we want Guillermo del Toro directing Spiderman 4

Anonymous said...

IMHO, that's one hell of a drawing.
BTW, I don't know if the bickering issue between MJ and PP in Spidey 3 should be considered spoilery? Or... Maybe I'm too picky.

Or probably what I actually am is paranoid on regarding spoilers.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. I hope you don't think it's a spoiler, Hal...

Regarding Raimi and del Toro, maybe I'm just weird, but I just don't really like the Mexican director. Mimic was truly, truly awful; Blade II was better (he would have been hard pressed to make a worse movie than Mimic), but it was still no good; and Pan's Labyrinth might have been one of the most overrated movies of the year.
Sam Raimi's work has always been, in my opinion, far superior. I love The Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, The Gift... Even Darkman was fun! Not to mention the Spiderman movies are way beyond cool. So I'll have to disagree with you, GV (if that's whoy you are, hehehe) and send good old Guillermo home and demand Raimi to keep churning out cool movies :)

Nash said...

Un dibujo muy chulo y no digo mas por que habies escrito mucho en ingles es tarde y no tengo tiempo para traducirlo todo.

Mario Alba said...

Gracias, Nash :)