Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

K is for Talent

I came to Spain looking for K, a comic book drawn by Humberto Ramos, one of my favorite artists. I knew the first issue had been published by a French publisher early in the year, and I was hoping it would have been released here. And luckily, it had.
The series is –I think- going to be three issues, and Big Bang Baby, the first installment, is excellent. Ramos does his magic and depicts a futuristic world with spaceship and galactic catastrophes, while, at the same time, introducing the seven main characters and a bunch of supporting ones, all of them easily recognizable and very different from one another.
The story is good, but it’s only the introduction to what’s going to happen, and little else happens other than the setting of the stage. Still, it’s a good read, with gorgeous artwork, and shows a lot of promise. You could do worse than checking it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al menos, a juzgar por la portada, tiene muy buena pinta. Me fío de tu gusto y juicio para estas cosas, finn5fel. ;)

Mario Alba said...

Gracias, gracias. Y mi crítica de Sky Doll, ya leídos los tres tomos, llegará pronto.

Nash said...

La verdad es que te fuiste demasiado pronto y me quede sin poder leerme ese comic, que tenia mucho mejor pinta que el del angelito, ahora me tocara ir a Ateneo y leermelo depie. Aunque no me gusta mucho el estilo "amangado" creo que la historia puede estar bien.