Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Reading List: March

Better late than never! Here you have everything I read in March:

Platinum Grit
I already shared my disappointment with this comic book here.

The Unearthed Cemetery Blues
A fun read I already reviewed here.

A Sketchy Past
I already told you about how awesome Peter de Sève is here.

The Walking Dead, vol. 11: Fear the Hunters
Robert Kirkman's series keeps getting darker and darker, with new and grim developments you would have never seen coming. How bad can things actually get? I shiver to think what's going to happen next, which is only one of the reasons why this series is so compelling.

Danse Macabre
I already commented on what I thought about this book by Stephen King here.

A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend
The subtitle of this book, For Every Guy Who Wants to be One/For Every Girl Who Wants to Build One!, gives you an idea of how hilarious this book by felicity Huffman and Patricia Wolff is. Packed with good advice and lots of common sense, this handbook is a riot, and I guarantee you will laugh out loud more often than not.

And that's it for March. I know I didn't get to read a lot, but I was traveling and drawing and working at the farm, so I managed to keep myself busy all the same. Come back in a mere three weeks to find out what I will have read in April!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sólo dos libros, pues. Estoy orgulloso de ti. ;P

Mario Alba said...

Tres, que el Peter de Seve tiene texto, hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Jajaja. He de reconocer que soy un poco injusto al no tener en cuenta los comics. Yo los leo bastante rápido, pero está claro que tú eres de los que paladean cada viñeta. Con esa clase de atención, veintipocas páginas se pueden hacer eternas.

Mario Alba said...

Sí que se hacen, sí. De todas formas, y volviendo a insistir, las primeras cincuenta páginas o así del libro de de Seve contienen un ensayo biográfico sobre el artista, así que sí lo considero un libro en vez de... hmmm... otra cosa que no lo fuera.

Y sí que es verdad que no cuento los comics a no ser que vengan en formato TPB, como tampoco cuento el número semanal de Entertainment Weekly que siempre leo de cabo a rabo. Aun así, y como ya advertí, mi ritmo lector ha bajado drásticamente ;)