Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kick Some Ass

This movie was so good I don't even know where to begin, so I should probably just command you to go to the nearest theater to see the movie --it was that good.

Kick-Ass is based on the comic book by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. I have never read it, so I don't know how good of an adaptation this film is, but it does kick major ass. The dialogue is good, with spot-on acting and inspired casting. The story is supremely entertaining, poignant, hilarious, violent, ludicrous, and touching, all at the same time. Matthew Vaughn, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors (his previous movie was the amazing Stardust), regales the audience with several surprises and bold decisions, and does a great job with pacing and scene-setting. Plus, the music is fun and goes perfectly with the action.

Kick-Ass was much more serious, darker, and violent than the previews made it look, and it was terrific fun to watch. My girlfriend loved it as much as I did (especially Hit Girl, played by Chloe Moretz), and we both agreed we could have just sat through it again immediately as soon as it was over. So, if you want to have a great time at the movies, do yourself a favor and go see Kick-Ass! You will not regret it!

No comments: