Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Delivers as Promised

When you go to see a movie titled Hot Tub Time Machine you pretty much know exactly what you're getting into. I had seen the previews for this John Cusack movie a couple of times, and I had a feeling it was going to be a silly comedy that would make me laugh while questioning the coherence of the plot or the holes said plot was sure to have, but that would overall be a fun time at the movies. Well, I must say HTTM is exactly that, no more, no less. I did laugh a lot, and I enjoyed all those 80's references and common places (the hair! The clothes! The huge cell phone! The music!), but the plot wasn't exactly airtight and I can't say the predictability of several plotlines came as much of a shock. Still, I enjoyed HTTM, but it might be a rental instead of worthy of the big screen. You'll laugh and have a good time, but there are far better comedies out there. You watch it at your peril!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Si tu crees que hay mejores comedias es que esta no puede ser muy buena.

Mario Alba said...

Pero también hay peores películas, como Clash of the Titans...

Nash said...

Pues si tienen exito han dicho que van a hacer una trilogia...por que siempre trilogias.

Mario Alba said...

Planeada desde el 77, sin duda.

Nash said...

por su puesto, pero ya me contaras que coño piensan contar en una trilogia de furia de titanes, es absurdo.

Mario Alba said...

Más furia, y más titanes, supongo ;)