Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Soaring

I knew I was going to love How to Train Your Dragon: it had Vikings, it had dragons, and it looked really neat, so how could it not be great? Fortunately, I am glad to say I was absolutely right: HTTYD was a blast and right now is the best movie I've seen this year.

I liked the story and the two main themes of being true to yourself, and defending your own truth against the world. Finding your own way regardless of what others think of you is one of those powerful themes that I always enjoy. In addition to this, cool characters that actually evolve throughout the movie (yes, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I'm looking at you) populate the film, and the clever, witty dialogue is a treat to both the ear and the brain. As for the incredible visuals, HTTYD boasts inspired character designs and colorful creatures living in a world beautifully rendered, a world I would love to spend more time in.

My only criticism is that the main character's voice sounds too old for somebody his age, but I am willing to oversee this given how amazing everything in this film is. Other than that, I found no blemish in this terrific movie, and I recommend it to everyone who wants to have a good time at the movies.

2 comments:

Nash said...

Mira por donde esta no tenia pensado verla, tendremos que darle una oportunidad. Eso si ya paso del 3D

Mario Alba said...

Estupenda, de verdad. Yo no la vi en 3D, y me parecio magnífica. Ve a verla, que seguro que te gusta.