Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Creepy Fun

Just like I did with Platinum Grit, I bought The Unearthed Cemetery Blues having only seen the cover and having only read what it was about. Fortunately, and unlike my miserable experience with PG, I thoroughly enjoyed TUCB. The story about Ridley and Falstaff, two slacker monster hunters, is funny and entertaining as written by Ryan Rubio, and the artwork by Thomas Boatwright is expressive and fits the story perfectly. While neither story nor artwork blew me away, I found both of them good enough to keep me reading, and even though this is far from my favorite book of all time, you could do worse than reading this collection. You could read Platinum Grit, for instance.

5 comments:

Nash said...

Tiene buena pinta pero como siempre no creo que venga a españa o pueden tardar mil años, todavia estoy esperando Dresde 5, y lo han vuelto a retrasar.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Vaya hombre.

Anonymous said...

No sé el interior, pero la portada es chulísima.

Mario Alba said...

El estilo interior es parecido, pero es en grises, no a todo color.

Anonymous said...

Ah, pues vaya. Precisamente es la paleta de colores lo que más me gustaba. Muy á la Revelations.