Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Grave Misunderstanding

I went to see Corpse Bride when it opened, back in 2005, but I hadn't seen it ever since. I remembered I had enjoyed it a lot, so when I saw it on sale for five bucks, I couldn't help myself --I had to buy it.

Watching it at home was as much fun as I expected it to be. The visuals are simply stunning, especially for a stop-motion animation movie. To think that all this was done by hand blows my mind, and one of the documentaries about making the puppets and working with them is simply fascinating. Their tiny little faces, the tricks they used to make them walk, how they managed to create the illusion of wind… I could go on and on, and I wouldn't do justice to these people's genius, so I'll stop now. However, I'm sure you've all seen the movie by now, so please leave a comment and let us know what you thought about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Este post debe tener el mejor título de la historia del blog.

Hace muchísimo que no veo Corpse Bride, pero se sale por todos lados.

Mario Alba said...

Debo admitir que el título está sacado de una de las catchphrases de la película, pero sí es estupendo :) Y a Crystal, que no la había visto nunca, le encantó.