Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Disturbing Behavior

I wasn't sure how much I was going to like The Crazies, but it turned out to be a very enjoyable film. I liked the fact that the "conflict" happened pretty much at the beginning, and the movie was a rollercoaster from then on. I also liked how it kept me guessing, and every time I thought it was about to end, something else would happen and the action would continue until the next "end scene", which would once again turn out not to be the end at all.

Something my girlfriend pointed out and that I agree with is the way the audience gets to like the characters. Usually, what you get is a set of characters you are introduced to and that you already like before the bad stuff starts to happen. In The Crazies, you're really not sure whether or not you like them when things start going awry, and it's through their actions then that you find yourself liking or disliking the characters.

Also, for a horror movie, The Crazies wasn't all that bloody or gory, which I thought was especially interesting after I found out George A. Romero was the executive producer. And maybe that's why the film was so much fun, since having an old pro like Romero exec producing this remake sure can't hurt your movie.

To sum it up, The Crazies was packed with tension, thrills, and suspense, and I doubt anyone looking for those traits in a movie would be disappointed at all. Highly recommendable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me has picado la curiosidad. ¡Habrá que verla!

Mario Alba said...

No he visto la original, y Entertainment Weekly le dio una C a este remake, pero tanto a mí como a Crystal nos gustó bastante. Tal vez fuera por aquello de ir a verla con pocas expectativas...