Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ring Again

I love The Ring. I have it on DVD, and I think it's a really cool movie. However, I had never seen the sequel, which I had heard wasn't all that good. Well, they were right.

My girlfriend and I watched The Ring Two, and we both were pretty underwhelmed. She had seen it before, but all she remembered was the scene with the (obviously CGI'd) deer, and I wasn't even sure whether or not I had seen it. As it turned out, I hadn't, but I hadn't been missing much. I didn't care too much for the characters, and the ultra creepy kid (who, incidentally, my girlfriend thought was cute) didn't move me in the slightest. The dead girl wants to take over his body? Fine by me.

Still, the movie managed to be somewhat entertaining, but there were a handful of loose ends that bothered me. (Who found the doctor? Who was blamed for that? Did they go look for the kid who had simply walked out of the hospital? What about Max?) Therefore, I must say I wouldn't really recommend this movie unless you don't mind chatting with your girlfriend while watching it, as the less attention you pay to the film the better time you'll have watching it. A contradiction, you say? Perhaps, perhaps...

No comments: