Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, March 01, 2010

Cryptalicious

My girlfriend gave me the first two seasons of Tales from the Crypt for Valentine's Day, and we started watching season 1 immediately. As it turns out, we both used to watch the show when we were little, and we both loved it, so we were eager to see how the reality of the show compared to the fondness of our memories.

This first season is only six episodes, and since each episode lasts for about 25 minutes, we went through the show pretty quickly. There was plenty of camp, plenty of bad acting, and plenty of 80's hair, yet I found each episode supremely entertaining. The best two were probably And All Through the House, directed by Robert Zemeckis, and Dig That Cat… He's Real Gone, directed by Richard Donner, but I had a blast watching them all.

Fortunately, season two boasts 18 episodes, so it will keep me entertained for considerably longer. But before I get to those, I hope I can get through the first season of Chuck. And yet the Crypt Keeper keeps calling my name. How can I say no to him?

5 comments:

Nash said...

He visto algun que otro episodio suelto de la serie y tienen su gracia, incluso hay alguno bueno.

Mario Alba said...

Alguno bueno hay, sí...

Anonymous said...

Nunca la vi, y me da la sensación de que sin ese bagaje nostálgico no iba a apreciar especialmente la serie si la viera hoy.

Pero el nombre de Zemeckis ha picado mi curiosidad.

Nash said...

Es cutrecilla pero lo bueno eran las historias no los efectos. Halagan seguro que te los pasas bien si ves alguno de los buenos.

Mario Alba said...

Zemeckis es, además, productor de la serie junto a Richard Donner, Joel Silver, y Walter Hill. Casi nada.