Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, March 26, 2010

K #2

I read the first issue of K back in December 2006, and, as I told you then, I loved it. Well, it's taken me over three years to read the second issue of this series written by Crisse and illustrated by Humberto Ramos, and, unfortunately, I didn't like it nearly as much as the first issue.

The artwork is still great, and the colors by Eduardo Olea are the strong suit of the book. However, the story starts getting more and more metaphysical, and I hardly ever enjoy that kind of tale. When you have characters getting into other characters' minds, and the whole world is about to be destroyed by some strange galactic cataclysm, that's when I start losing interest. I was sad to see how what I thought was going to be a fun story after reading issue 1 became something I didn't care much for. And things would only get worse in the third and last issue of the series. Oh, well...

No comments: