Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Meh Books

I just finished reading Dark Ivory #4 (of 4) and The Dark Tower: Treachery #5 (of 6), and I can summarize both in one word: meh.

The whole Dark Ivory miniseries has been sort of interesting, with sort of okay artwork. However, the fact that issue three came out a really long time ago made me stop caring about the outcome. As a matter of fact, when I saw I got the fourth issue in my box, I thought something along the lines of “What is this? Oh, yeah, that series. Wasn’t it over already?” Pretty bad, right?

In this “last” issue, Ivory discovers where she comes from, and her world is changed forever. But said changes are something we don’t get to see, since this miniseries is only book one of… Three? I think that’s right, but I’m not sure. And honestly, I really don’t care enough to go check.

Treachery #5 is as cool as the previous four, no more, no less. Unfortunately, that means it’s just more of the same. Remember everything I whined about when I talked about issue four? Well, all the problems are still present: the ever-pervasive fog, the lack of backgrounds, the static figures, the vertical compositions. And regarding the plot, well: pretty much nothing happens in this episode either. Man, am I ready for this series to be over. Only one more month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pues vaya, ya es una pena que el amigo Roland (si es que los comics se centran en él) te esté decepcionando, Fel. ¿Qué dirá el amigo King ahora de la serie?

Mario Alba said...

"Ka is a wheel, so even if it goes away, it will always come back." Eso es lo que diría, o algo parecido.

Y es que la cosa está haciéndose bastante monótona, aunque debo decir que la culpa no es de King, ya que él ni plotea ni guioniza.