Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, March 02, 2009

Ambitious Merchant

I showed you my attempt at drawing Anne Boleyn from The Tudors a few days ago. Today, and keeping with my desire to achieve some sort of resemblance between a picture and the person that inspired it, I give you Thomas Boleyn, played in the show by Nick Dunning. I think this picture looks much more like the actor than last month's resembled Natalie Dormer, and for that if nothing else I like it better than my Anne picture. I think this drawing looks more like a caricature than a portrait, but it doesn't really look very caricaturesque. It falls somewhere in the middle of the two extremes, I think: the "cartooninesh" of the former, and the realism of the latter. I think the medium also has something to do with that perception, seeing as I usually draw realistic portraits in pencil, not pen. At any rate, I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

De nuevo, no he visto la serie, así que no puedo opinar acerca de lo acertado o no del caricaturesco retrato. Pero tiene buena pinta, eso sí que lo puedo decir.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Gracias por el voto de confianza :)