Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Words of Wisdom

I was reading this month's Wizard Magazine (issue 182) when I came across an interview with old pro Keith Giffen. Giffen has been writing comic books for the last thirty years, and, from what he says and how he says it, I think I would like this guy if I ever met him in person. This is what he has to say on one of my favorite topics: late artists.

"I put so much detail on the page, it tales me two days to draw a page." Well, you might want to rethink your drawing then, skeeter. "Yeah, well, I'm working for the art sale afterwards, and it looks good in a frame." Then you know what? Die in a fire. You're a comic book artist! You wanna do posters, do posters! You're on a deadline here!

Take that, lazy artists! If only the editors talked to the superstars like that…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, man.