Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ah, the Younglings...

New X-Men: Academy X takes us back to the days of The New Mutants. The premise of this series is pretty much the same: the young mutants are at Xavier's School to learn to control their powers… and their hormones.
The first TPB collects the first six-issue story arc, Choosing Sides. The first two issues are drawn by Randy Green, who replaced Michael Turner in Witchblade (see Green's rendition of the character here), and has drawn, among other things, the first few issues of the Emma Frost series. I really like Green's artwork (the picture accompanying this post is his), so I enjoyed those two ishes. However, the remaining four are drawn by some guy whose name I have forgotten already, and they're not exactly good. Only, that's too nice: the guy's terrible, okay? The story is okay, and the relationships between characters are interesting and show promise, but the ugly pictures are too much to withstand. I know the artist will change in the future; I just hope it's next issue!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many different series to catch up with all of them. X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, New X-Men... I mean, are there enough X-Men for so many groups?
And, BTW, do you even have space left in your house for so many comics? By now you'll probably be in need of renting a warehouse or something. ;P

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. I still have room left in my shelves. Not a lot, but some. Actually, I've started to put books on top of the shelves, as if that was just another level. I'm guessing I can wait until May or so to get another shelf.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but... what after that? You'll probably need to move to a bigger appartment. And after that? Have you considered... (sacrilege!) doning your collection to the less favoured? I don't know... to me and Nacho, for instance? ;)

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Nice try! There won't be any donating, though. You know what they say in Spain: "La mano de dar la tengo cortada", hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I had to try, you must understand...

Mario Alba said...

´Course I do :)