Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Traveling Monkeys

I bought No Touch Monkey! because it looked like an entertaining book in which the author, Ayun Halliday, talked about her trips around the world. While I was bit disappointed with it, it was still quite entertaining, and I am glad I read it, but I wish it had been funnier. I thought I would be laughing out loud, but the truth is that the stories are not that outrageous, or at least I didn't find them as wildly hilarious as Stephen Colbert apparently did. Instead of teaching the reader "other travel lessons learned too late", as the subtitle of the book claims to do, NTM is a memoir in which Halliday recounts her trips on a shoestring budget, as she calls them, but there aren't many lessons to be learned except for, perhaps, not traveling on a shoestring budget. (There's a shocker.) Still, NTM kept me entertained on a couple of flights, so I can't say it was a complete waste of money.

2 comments:

Nash said...

El que deberia escribir un libro sobre sus aventuras en los viajes eres tu, aunque mejor una biografia, hay cosas muy muy divertidas.

Mario Alba said...

Pues no sería mala idea, la verdad...