Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, June 21, 2010

Literate Fun

Bill Bryson is one of my favorite writers, so when I saw his book on Shakespeare at Barnes & Noble, I had to buy it. Shakespeare: The World as Stage, is a biography of the master playwright, and I have to say that I learned a lot about the British Bard. Among other things, I learned that there's not much to learn about him because we barely know anything about him!
As usual, Bryson's prose is clear, informative, and very entertaining, and you can definitely see he's done his homework and knows what he is talking about. STWAS is packed with information (whatever little we do possess), and it offers insightful remarks and a great overview of England in the time of Shakespeare. Therefore, if you are a fan of Bryson, Shakespeare, or (even better) both, rush to the nearest B&N and get this book. You will not regret it!

2 comments:

Nash said...

Curioso eso de escribir sobre algo de lo que apenas se tiene información, seguro que no es político???

Mario Alba said...

Es de Shakespeare de quien no se tiene información en general :)