Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scarlett, My Love

I went to see He’s Just Not That Into You for one reason and one reason only: Scarlett Johansson. And I wasn’t disappointed. I had read about how my beloved Scarlett was naked in the movie, but you didn’t get to see anything (and I knew that going in). As someone else said, that’s a step in the right direction, so hopefully this will become a trend for my favorite actress. At any rate, she does a great job in this movie, and she is sexy as hell and scantily clad on a couple of scenes. As usual, I find her way more attractive in present-day movies rather than period pieces, and HJNTIY proves I’m right one more time. The jeans and sweatpants she wears, the tops and shirts, her amazing hair… She is perfection made flesh, she really is.

As for the movie itself, it was cute and funny and painfully awkward and uncomfortable at times, but it was also a quite unoriginal chick flick based on the book of the same title. HJNTIY is a love story, or several love stories. Or several stories of people in love, falling out of love, or looking for love. As the movie progresses, the connection between the different couples becomes clear, and that was sort of fun to witness. Also, the movie stars pretty much everyone currently working in Hollywood: Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Connelly, Drew Barrymore, Ginnifer Goodwin, Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, Kevin Connolly, Justin Long, and Kris Kristofferson, and it was interesting to see all those working together.

Something else that was interesting (and maybe a bit distressing) was finding myself identifying with Ginnifer Goodwin's character. She goes on first dates that seem to go well, but then she never hears from the guy again. If you reverse the gender of both parties, that is my life! So, on the one hand, I was feeling for her, and I could understand how she felt. On the other hand though, I wondered if any of the girls I've dated actually felt like her, since it's usually them the ones who don't call or ignore my messages. Who are they trying to fool here, making us men look like the bad guys? I'm sorry, ladies, but it's been my experience that you are the ones who lie and pretend to have a good time while secretly planning to never go on another date with me. When you look at it this way, it was hard for me to believe Goodwin's predicament. And still I sympathized.

So while HJNTIY won’t be getting any awards anytime soon, the movie was funny and entertaining, and Scarlett Johansson was amazing, so I definitely felt I got my money’s worth. She just can do no wrong in my eyes.

2 comments:

Nash said...

Es curioso, pero esta tia no mejora ni cuando se oscure el pelo, mira que es lamentable....

Mario Alba said...

¿Cómo podría mejorar la perfección?