Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Heads Will Roll

I just finished watching the second season of Showtime's period drama The Tudors, and I liked it almost as much as the first one. The acting is still rock-solid, and the production values are great. The story is very interesting, and the major players keep coming and going as some of them lose the king's favor while others rise to the fore.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers does (again) a wonderful job as king Henry VIII, and James Frain makes his Cromwell an incredibly interesting character whom I'm ashamed to confess I really liked. Natalie Dormer continues to seduce the audience as Anne Boleyn, but her relationship with Henry has started to cool off, and maybe that's why I didn't enjoy this season as much as the first one. Am I a hopeless romantic? Perhaps, perhaps.

Still, I find myself really enjoying this show, and it's a shame it'll probably be a year before season three comes out on DVD. I guess I'll have to find other shows to keep me entertained until then. You, on the other hand, could be enjoying The Tudors right now, so treat yourselves and get the first season on DVD. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Recaredo said...

Ya leí en su momento tus críticas (aunque no escriba, os leo), y al leerla me animé verla. Tenía descargada hace unos meses la primera temporada y he visto ya tres capítulos.

La serie es realmente interesante, aunque ya no se si tanto por su contenido como filme o histórico, como por la cantidad de tias buenas que salen por minuto. ¿No habían feos y feas en el siglo XVI? Es una pregunta que me hago... Y eso que los ingleses siempre han tenido fama de feos... Y encima ahí todo el día con el orcate caliente... dale que te pego. Espero que cuando el Rey Enriquito madure no esté toda la serie mojando el churro...

Mario Alba said...

No podría estar más de acuerdo, Recaredo: hay que ver cómo están las mozas de la serie. Otra cosa no, pero buen ojo y excelente gusto el amigo Enrique tiene un rato :)

Ya nos dirás qué te parece el resto de la serie!

Anonymous said...

El elevado porcentaje de tías buenas por minuto explica muchas cosas, jejeje. Está claro por qué te gusta tanto la serie, Fel.

Mario Alba said...

Confieso, confieso: pon macizas con poca ropa en la pantalla, y la obra se convierte en clásico indispensable más rápido de lo que tarda Henry VIII en desnudar a sus conquistas.