Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Enter Supergirl

I just finished the seventh season of Smallville, and even though I enjoyed it, I also found myself hoping the show would end soon. I’ve been following Smallville for a few years now, and even though I like it (not as much as I used to, though), the status quo hasn’t really changed too much over the years. Yes, different things have happened to the characters, and they have grown older. They have gotten new jobs, and some old characters have left to make room for new ones. And yes, some characters (like Lana) have really evolved a lot, but she’s the exception rather than the rule, and, in an ironic turn of events, I actually don’t like what she has become.

Still, I like the show, and this season was a lot of fun. Guest DC Universe characters like the Black Canary were cool, and James Marsters does a great job as Brainiac. However, the award for best new character goes to the incredibly hot Laura Vandervoort, who plays Kara Zor-el, Clark’s cousin from Krypton. I like the character, she had some really cool episodes, and I think she is a great addition to the show. Plus, the last five or six episodes were really cool and left me wanting more. However, this has happened before, and once the cliffhanger is resolved, things tend to go back to normal for several episodes before something exciting happens again. So will I be getting season eight on DVD later this year? Certainly. But I wouldn’t mind if it turned out to be the last one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pues vaya, mala señal ésa. Aunque con las horas de diversión que te habrá dado la serie, pues suficiente.

En cuanto a la Vandervoort, no cabe duda de que está buena, y de que a priori encaja a la perfección en el papel. De todos modos, vale que nunca he visto Smallville, pero yo me quedo de lejos con Helen Slater, la que hizo de Supergirl en la película de los ochenta.

Mario Alba said...

Curiosamente, la madre kryptoniana de Clark aparece en un episodio esta temporada en los recuerdos de Kara, y adivina quién la interpreta. Exacto: Helen Slater ;)